Who I am
Hi! Hopefully you know a little about me already from browsing this site. My name’s Laura Musgrave and I’m a singer songwriter and musician, based in the UK.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), I am a data controller. A data controller determines how and why personal data is processed.
What data I collect
I only collect information about you if I have a reason to do so. This includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact me
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to my email list
- how you use my emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and website tags
Why I collect it
I use WordPress, run by Automatic Inc, to manage and monitor my website. This includes information about how you use the website. I do this to help make sure the site is meeting your needs and to help me make improvements.
WordPress standard stats service stores information about:
- the pages you visit on lauramusgravemusic.co.uk
- which country your device is in, from your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
I do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
I also collect data in order to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve my services, for example my email alerts
- send email alerts to users who request them. I use Mailchimp to manage and monitor my email list.
What I do with your information
The data I collect is only used for the purposes listed above. Your data will only be shared with and processed by the third party providers mentioned above to provide those services. For example, providing my email newsletter using Mailchimp.
I will not sell or rent your data to third parties.
I will share your data if I am required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long I keep your data
I will only keep your data as long as is necessary. You can unsubscribe from my email list at any time using the link at the bottom of each email.
Where your data is processed and stored
How I protect your data and keep it secure
I am committed to doing all that I can to keep your data secure. I also make sure that any third party providers that I deal with meet the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in touch.
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, I will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Link to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover links to other websites within this website. I encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Contact me if you:
- have any questions about anything in this document
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
Last updated: 14 February 2022.